The Government reveals a 16% Increase in Hajj Package for the Year 2020

As per special assistance to Prime Minister Imran khan, the federal government has approved hajj policy for the year 2020.

During the media briefing, Minister for religious affairs Noor ul Haq Qadri informed that the government of Saudi Arabia has assigned 189210 Hajj applicants in the annual quota for hajj 2020. 60 % of the Hajj pilgrims will be sent through the Government hajj allocation scheme whereas, the remaining 40% will avail the private hajj agencies.

Northern Region’s Hajj package will be Rs 4 million 90 thousand whereas, the Southern Region’s Hajj package will be Rs 4 million 80 thousand.

Noorul Haq Qadri said that hajj applicants above the age of 70 will automatically be entered in the government draw for the Hajj quota scheme. Those who have been applying for the last three years will also be qualified for the government hajj quota scheme.

Furthermore, for the first time, overseas Pakistanis have been allocated a quota of 1 thousand.

“The prime minister of Pakistan has raised concerns over the price hikes made by the government of Saudi Arabia on-boarding and lodging expenses which pilgrims would need to bear this time,” Qadri added.

Tags
Show More

Pak Revenue

A reliable source for business, taxation & financial news, covering incentives for CPEC, automobile and performance of stock and mercantile exchanges.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close